Thursday, February 4, 2010

Love me or leave me.


My father.

The best man I know, hands down.

This past year has been the hardest and quite frankly the worst year of my life. Of his life. The man I had never seen cry, not once, in 18 years, I held crying for a week straight. And several times after that. Through the deceit and heart break, we have grown closer together. I guess some relationships must be broken to make others stronger. I wish, hope, and pray with all of my heart that my family will pull through this and ALL of us become closer, not just he and I. But it's hard when you wake up every day fearing that you are going to get another text message or phone call saying it's over...again.


I don't know how I would have survived this year without the love and support given by a few incredible people.


Shelby Wyche...oops Norton (still weird to me!) Your beautiful and sacred words helped more than I knew. Though they didn't hit hard at first, I know they sunk in without me realizing it. You never allowed me to hate, and in those times reminded me to love.


Sherman Tyler Haynes what in the world would I have done without you? You sat there with me and watched my heart break and still stayed by me. You are my rock. My constant. Through all of the uncertainty and unsteadiness, you kept me whole. Thank you, baby. You truly are my sunshine.

Just to name a couple. This challenge is not over, but I know all the special people in my life will be by me to help me through it.

1 comment:

  1. (crying like a little baby) I am honored to be your friend Alex. You have saved me countless times and no matter where I end us n this world I will always be right here for you:) Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete